Sometimes, you just don’t want to have to wait for results. When it comes to slimming down, it can feel as though you’ve been waiting forever just to reach that next dress size or that lower milestone on the scale.
The key isn’t to get stuck into fad diets that typically do more harm than good. Instead, there are some tried and true fat loss tips that you can add to your current healthy dieting and exercising efforts and that can propel your successes forward at a faster rate.
Don’t give up on your balanced diet and don’t stop taking those power walks most days of the week. Instead, enhance everything that you’re doing with the following tips:
• Stop weighing your food – Portion control is a great idea, but stop weighing every bean or grain of rice. The idea is to learn how to eat a reasonable amount. If you’re off by a couple of grams, it likely won’t make the slightest difference in the grand scheme of things, except that you’ll enjoy cooking more and will be less likely to give up on your diet.
• Bring fruit everywhere you go – Keep an apple, orange, or banana at work, or toss one into your bag no matter where you’re headed. That way, when you reach that point in the day when you are craving a sweet snack, the most convenient option will always be your fruit.
• Floss – Thirty minutes after dinner, brush your teeth and floss them. The mint flavor and the routine will make you less likely to eat again in the evening. Because you went to all the effort of flossing, you’ll be doubly discouraged to want to have to do it all again before bed.
• Take pictures – Take a “before” picture of yourself and update that picture every month. Keep the pictures on a pin board or on your cell phone where you’ll see them often. This will show you your progress even when you’re not seeing it in the mirror because it is occurring gradually.
• Don’t drink calories – A specialty coffee, a soda, a cup of juice, a lemonade, or a glass of wine can ruin an entire day’s worth of hard work. Save those for rare treats, or just skip them altogether.