When you want to make sure that you get the very most out of every week in terms of your weight loss success, then the best thing that you can do is take it one day at a time. That’s right, the same strategy that works for every other type of effort is the one that will guide you through your most effective healthy weight loss ever.
Just start with the first day and have a strategy for every day to follow. Consider these daily plans to keep you on track this week for weight loss success:
• Monday – Use your strongest drive. The most effective time in any diet is during the first few days that you get started. That’s when your motivation is at its highest and you’re ready for a fresh and powerful start. Use every Monday as your fresh start and use that drive to hit the gym, eat the healthiest foods, and skip the treat you usually buy on the way home and know that you shouldn’t. Use today to set the tone for the rest of the week.
• Tuesday – Look for fresh ideas. Today is a great time to Google new recipes, exercises, and tips that you can implement. You might learn how to make a new meal or discover that there is a new type of aquafit class at your community center that will give you the opportunity to boost your cardio at the pool.
• Wednesday – Prepare for more. You’re already halfway through the work week and you’ve gone through two great dieting days. Use what you learned the day before to head to the grocery store and stock up on your fresh foods like fruits and veggies. You’ll be thrilled to know that Wednesdays are the least busy days at supermarkets, so you’ll breeze through the checkout counter.
• Thursday – Take part in a special workout. This is a great day to take a class or to try something new. Do some yoga, try zumba for the first time, or have a chuckle as you learn to pole dance. This is a great day of the week to focus on your fitness in a way that you haven’t done for the rest of the week. Don’t just go for a walk, do something that is just for that day.
• Friday – Dress to feel great. Let this feel like a reward for everything that you’ve been doing so far. This will boost your confidence and remind you of why you’re trying so hard in the first place. It will renew your drive to keep it up!
• Saturday – Reward yourself. Have a little bit of a splurge. Buy a new outfit to go with the weight you’ve lost, pick up a nail polish that matches the outfit you bought last week, or take yourself to a movie. Give yourself some enjoyment so that you can relax after trying hard all week.
• Sunday – Do something active. This is the day that you are most likely to drop into a lawn chair or onto the couch and sit for hours. You can still do that, but only after you’ve done at least 30 minutes of cardio. Cut the lawn, vacuum the house, go for a power walk, or do something else that will get your blood pumping. Then you can stop and relax for the rest of the day without ruining your weight loss success.