Weight loss dieting is truly something that will change your life. If you plan to actually drop the excess fat and keep it off, then you will be making lifestyle changes – big and small – to burn it off and then keep it from coming back. After all, you can’t expect everything to stay the same if you plan to drop the pounds. The way you were living is likely what caused them to climb on in the first place.
The following are some of the top changes that occur in your life when you make the decision to switch to weight loss dieting and never go back.
• You learn the value of snacking – weight loss dieting is not a matter of starving yourself. It is a matter of eating in a mindful way. When cravings strike, you need to learn how to be prepared with the right kind of snack to get you through it. Otherwise you’ll find yourself at the vending machine or eating a second piece of the birthday cake in the lunchroom.
• Your social life will be altered – as much fun as it is to have dinner with friends, you will need to come up with ways to counteract the effects of eating out. Many times, that means eating out less but spending time together in new ways that will help you to keep the pounds off, like taking a class, joining a sports team, or just tossing a Frisbee around in a park. You might be surprised at how much fun you have.
• You will develop a new respect for food storage containers – these containers are perfect for two main reasons. The first is that it lets you bring your meals and snacks with you, so that you don’t end up buying fast food. The second is that they provide natural portion control.
• You’ll get a new wardrobe – every time you hit a new milestone in your weight loss, you’ll be able to reward yourself by shopping for new clothes. The best part is that you’ll need to do it, which means there’s no guilt for picking up that cute new top or that sexy new dress.
• You’ll receive compliments everywhere you go – the closer you get to your healthy goal weight, the better and healthier you will look. Your workouts will help you to look fitter, too. You’ll be shocked at how the compliments are always pouring in.